Monday, May 4, 2009

Accused of plagiarism without enrolling in the course?

I am a graduate student and will graduate in december. I am about to start my master project in summer. In order to chose the project topic, I used to approach various professors so that the topic can be finalized. In this process, I submitted the proposal (ideas were taken from techcrunch) to one of my professors. Since, the ideas were taken from techcrunch, the professor accused me of doing plagiarism and reported me to the department.





I wanted to know that the professor didn't give me any guidelines to submit the proposal and also, I am enrolled to the particular course. How can I be charged of plagiarism?





As a note, since I was not enrolled in the course, I only got a formal warning.

Accused of plagiarism without enrolling in the course?
You should have original ideas, not ideas you found on the web.
Reply:Wow that was harsh! He def should have given you a warning before he notified the department, a second chance to write the proposal and a warning would have sufficed. Change classes if you can i think he has it in for you!!! Although do have original ideas, plagiarism is when you try to assume to the reader that your idea was only yours and not someone else's, so own your ideas or reference them!


No comments:

Post a Comment